Reports To: Derek Weidman
Approved By: Chad Fisher
Approved Date: 4/18/18
The Worship Dream Team Leader at Quarryville exists to assist the Worship Pastor in cultivating a life-giving, passionate, and skillful culture of worship across Freedom Life’s environments through the spiritual and musical leadership of Dream Team Assistants and Members at their campus. They will achieve this through intentional coaching, connection, and training.
This is a part-time position that requires 6-8 hrs per-week, including: Time spent reviewing PCO, connecting with Dream Team Assistants/Dream Team Members in development, rehearsals/Team Nights , Direct Report Meetings, and any core team meetings (this does not include service times).
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Submit to and carry the vision of Freedom Life under the direction of the Campus Pastor, in submission to the Worship Pastor and Lead Pastor
- Cast the overall vision and carry the culture of Freedom Life Worship
- Assist the Campus Pastor with any needs at that campus
- Implement new music in collaboration with the other campuses
- Attend Team Nights to connect with team members across the campuses
- Meet with Pastor Derek and Lily two times per year
- Attend core leader meetings with pastor Derek and Lily and other DTL’s six times per year
- Attend Dream Team Celebrations
- Lead worship for services as scheduled and abide by Worship Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend weekly services at one of our campuses unless otherwise cleared with the Worship or Campus Pastor
- Raise up, train, and develop DTA’s to lead DTM’s at Quarryville
- Oversee DTA’s in assimilating new Dream Team Members via our DTM involvement and training process
- Train DTA’s to navigate and use Planning Center Online (and in turn train DTM’s themselves)
- Periodically sit in on a worship service to observe and provide feedback (opportunities for growth, ways to give constructive criticism and praise, etc.) for team members at that campus.
- Prepare in advance for all services and scheduled rehearsal times (musically and familiarity with flow, etc.)
- Encourage the development of team member’s skill set by providing resource and training (i.e. worshiponline.com)
- Participate in quarterly scheduling meetings with the other worship leaders/admins
- Coordinate on set lists within the FL Worship Leaders Facebook page
- Identify and train additional worship leaders based out of the Quarryville campus
- Hold a team meeting/event for the campus worship team two times per year
- Promote spiritual and leadership growth through developing relationships with other team leaders within that campus
- Lead people into the life-changing presence of God through our example of worship and praise (Ps 22:3)
- Pray for pastoral staff, DTL’s, DTA’s, and DTM’s
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Maintain a positive attitude about yourself, your areas of responsibilities, and the staff.
- Work cooperatively and cheerfully maintaining a good rapport with all staff, volunteers, church members, and outside professionals.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Be congenial, professional, business-like in all personal contacts with others.
- Be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Exercise good time management.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits, and quality of work performed.
- Maintain a teachable attitude.
- Refer to Worship Team Roles and Responsibilities Manual for additional guidance and standards
SPIRITUAL REQUIREMENTS: Multiplying Believer
o Is a mature follower of Jesus, serves their family well, serves in passion-driven, gift-aligned ministry, tithes to the church, gives to missions, and exhibits the characteristics of a deacon (1 Timothy 3:8-13)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to create, coordinate, and lead a worship experience with a team
- Developed verbal and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of PCO and ProPresenter
- Proficiency in voice and piano or guitar
- Minimum of one year’s experience leading worship in a local church.